packing practice without the can / weekender or expedition

  • poppyboy434
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2013
      I carried a weekender and my son carried an expedition bear canister. We did the second half in 9 nights, 10 days after re-supplying at Muir Trail ranch. We had just enough room for all our food with no extra. Carried our first day/night of food outside the canisters. Of course, we were careful with re-packaging.
      We rented the canisters also , so we had to estimate the quantity of food that would fit in each of the canisters prior to shipment to the ranch. All we did was use a piece of card board and roll in up to the diameter of the bearicade , then cut and tape it to the length of the longer expedition. Then we measured and marked a line inside indicating the length of the weekender. So, then we knew how much we could pack in each. It worked out great and did not cost a dime!
      enjoy the trail,
      Mike Boisvert