Re: [John Muir Trail] ride needed

  • thomas taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2008
      Ken,

      You may want to consider hitch hiking.

      Earlier this month I hitched from Whitney Portal back to the car in Mammoth Lakes.  I started hitching at 5:30PM from the portal, caught 2 rides to Lone Pine, and after about 30/45 minutes of standing with my thumb out (I hadn't showered or shaved in 4 days), got a ride back to the car in Mammoth Lakes where I arrived at about 9PM (we stopped at a Carl's for a quick bite to eat).

      Folk's will stop for backpackers on SR 395.  You shouldn't have a problem.

      Good luck,

      Thomas

      Thomas