ride needed

  • daoldman01
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2008
      i am currently at the bishop holiday inn express.

      I need a ride to whitney portal on monday (9/1) and then a ride to
      frisco or anywhere west of the sierra's on tues (9/2) I just finished
      the leg from tuolumne to the bottom of mather pass and then had to
      bail out over bishop pass for a couple days of foot rest due to major
      blisters.

      i am in room 124 and the phone number of the holiday inn is
      760 872 2423

      or just respond to this email

      many of the ride options due to the holiday wont work

      I am willing to pay whatever is needed on such short notice.

      Ken Pieh
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2008
        Ken,

        Call the Dow Villa hotel in Lone Pine they have the phone number to
        Dave Sheldon. He will pick you up and take you anywhere for a fee.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "daoldman01" <daoldman01@...>
        wrote:

        > i am currently at the bishop holiday inn express.
        >
        > I need a ride to whitney portal on monday (9/1) and then a ride to
        > frisco or anywhere west of the sierra's on tues (9/2) I just
        finished
        > the leg from tuolumne to the bottom of mather pass and then had to
        > bail out over bishop pass for a couple days of foot rest due to
        major
        > blisters.
        >
        > i am in room 124 and the phone number of the holiday inn is
        > 760 872 2423
        >
        > or just respond to this email
        >
        > many of the ride options due to the holiday wont work
        >
        > I am willing to pay whatever is needed on such short notice.
        >
        > Ken Pieh

      • thomas taylor
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2008
          Ken,

          You may want to consider hitch hiking.

          Earlier this month I hitched from Whitney Portal back to the car in Mammoth Lakes.  I started hitching at 5:30PM from the portal, caught 2 rides to Lone Pine, and after about 30/45 minutes of standing with my thumb out (I hadn't showered or shaved in 4 days), got a ride back to the car in Mammoth Lakes where I arrived at about 9PM (we stopped at a Carl's for a quick bite to eat).

          Folk's will stop for backpackers on SR 395.  You shouldn't have a problem.

          Good luck,

          Thomas

          Thomas