Re: Seeking advice for section hike 9/8 to 9/21 : Red's Meadow to South Lake

  • John Karpinski
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2008
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "writhing" <writhing@...> wrote:
      Can't help with the carpool but my alcohol stove worked great. The highest elevation I
      used it at was about 10,900 ft, generally, just below timberline. Fires are not allowed (for
      good reason) above 10,000 ft in most areas, even lower in others. I made only 2 fires
      during my 16 days on the trail. Most evenings I was in the bag by 8 to 8:30.
      John Karpinski