Periodic Reminder of how the moderators respond to spam

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2013
      We have several new members.  Just to let these new members know how the moderators of this group respond to spam, the below email is sent to the poster letting them know what the policy is.

      Hello,

      An email (see below in this forwarded email) purporting to be from your email
      address was sent to our JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group today.

      We know you to be a legit member and that this was not intentional by you,
      nevertheless to keep the group protected, I need to inform you of the following.

      When this happens, one of the JMT YG moderators puts the member (and you are
      now temporarily too) in a "moderated" status, meaning anything you post has
      to be read by a moderator and then approved for posting, so a delay can occur
      if your posting is not a hacked-spam posting.  In the interim, the member (you
      now) are unable to upload files to the group.

      Please read this file, which is kept in this folder:

      Periodic Posting: How to avoid your email being hacked and sending out spam

      This is a link to a file updated by the moderator on how to protect your email account from being hacked and spamming the group (and your friends).

      This document should enable you to fix your hacked email probelm.

      Once we see your postings are no longer hacked, we'll put your back into the normal unmoderated status.

      Thank you for your understanding.

      Roleigh Martin
      Lead Moderator