Re: [John Muir Trail] leaving a car

  • cjoslyn99
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 5, 2013

      You can if you can find space but don't park next to the bathroom that is across from the trailhead.

      Apparently there is a squirrel that likes to drop unopened pinecones on cars from that location and can shatter your window.

      It happened to me last summer.  Got back to my car after 2 weeks to find the rear window blasted out and a note on the back explaining what happened.  Fortunately, someone covered the opening w/ a plastic trash bag so the inside didn't get ruined from rain etc.