Re: [John Muir Trail] Transportation from Whitney Portal to Las Vegas

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
      East Side Shuttle Service is worth checking

      Mt Whitney Shuttle has been around for a time and has a good reputation. ESSS is newer and they sound responsible (I plan to use them)

      On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:21 PM, clailey2 <chris@...> wrote:

      My first post! I will be solo hiking the JMT starting Aug 15, 2013. I plan on exiting Whitney Portal on Aug 30th. I am looking at hiring a shuttle to Ridgecrest, then renting a car to Las Vegas to fly back home. Has anyone had any experience with http://www.mtwhitneyshuttle.com? If going solo, the shuttle from WP to Ridgecrest will cost me about the same as flight back to Canada (pretty expensive), and I was just wondering if there are better alternatives, or if there are any members with previous experience dealing with http://www.mtwhitneyshuttle.com? I already have my return flight tickets from Las Vegas to Toronto, so getting from WP to Vegas is a must. Thanks in advance for any advice.