Sample Packing Lists

  • Erica
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2013
      I looked through the Files - but I didn't see any sample packing lists, so I wanted to see if anyone might be willing to share theirs?

      And if there's any women that have packing lists they're willing to share that would be especially helpful!
    • ravi_jmt2013
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2013

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2013
          There are the gear lists! I don't know how I missed them - thanks!

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2013

            _

            On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Erica <xericamunsonx@...> wrote:

            There are the gear lists! I don't know how I missed them - thanks!

            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Erica" <xericamunsonx@...> wrote:

            > I looked through the Files - but I didn't see any sample packing lists, so I wanted to see if anyone might be willing to share theirs?
            >
            > And if there's any women that have packing lists they're willing to share that would be especially helpful!

          • Marna
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6, 2013
              Hi Erika,
              I looked at my list and it only has a menstrual kit as a woman-specific item. However, I know women who also take with them supplies in case they get a urinary tract infection and/or a yeast infection.

              On a related topic, I bought a couple of sports skorts and am planning to try those on a short trip soon. I like the idea of being able to start with my warm pants on and easily peel layers.
              Marna

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
                I find that since women tend to sleep colder and even just be colder in general, that the layering and sleep systems compared to men can vary. I finally have my sleeping bag/pad nailed down (just bought the Xtherm with my REI discount) and a Mountain Hardware 15 degree bag.

                Clothing layers are still going to be a bit tricky - I feel like I'm always either colder than everyone when it's chilly or warmer than everyone when its warm. And it seems like September can be the trickiest month for weather extremes on the trail from what I've gathered - we may have heat, we may have 5 days of rain, we may have a little overnight snow or frost, it may be sunny and clear the whole time....I feel like the one thing I can be confident of is that I won't have to deal with mosquitos! At least that's a plus!