Re: [John Muir Trail] YV Campground Reservations 8/15-9/14

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2013
      Yep, have your site picked out and be ready and logged in before 7am. The sites go within 30 minutes. If you have help, get someone else calling on the phone too. Sometimes that's quicker.

      On Apr 3, 2013, at 1:58 PM, "ravi_jmt2013" <ravi@...> wrote:

      FYI ... On the subject of reservations, those who want campground reservations in Yosemite between 8/15 and 9/14 should plan to reserve on the morning of April 15.

      http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/camping.htm

      It looks like Yosemite has changed to a site specific reservation system since the last time I was there, so I've already written down a list of sites that I want. I plan to be logged in before 7am pacific time on the 15th to make my reservations right when they open. I hope there is less stress and suspense in this process compared to the wilderness permit process!

      I know that most backpackers probably just use the backpackers campground the night before the trip but I have an extra day scheduled so I can hike up to Nevada Falls to complete the first part of the JMT that I will miss due to having to start at Glacier Point because of my permit.