Re: 1P tent advice: TT vs Six Moon vs...

  • John
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
      May I suggest you do some more research on Big Agnes tent quality. They are the most popular tents on the AT by far. Been using a Flycreek UL1 and Copper Spur UL2 for many years and rate them the best I've ever owned. At 2 pounds the Flycreek is hard to beat for lightweight hiking IMHO...
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2013
        I have use the BA Seedhouse SL1 on a number of trips and found it to be well made as you have mentioned. But two issues made me sell it. My main complaint was that I could not sit up in the darn thing - I am 6'6" and it only had a peak height of 38in. I don't know how many times I started cramping from trying to change my clothes in a semi-prone position in this tent. Second, in my quest to shave weight I found I could save some good weight. I did a fair amount of research and ended up purchasing the SMD Lunar Solo. Went from 46oz to 25oz and it gives me the height and length I need plus an area inside the tent to store my pack if needed - not too bad but then it has not been trail tested yet, so we will see if it was a wise choice.

        Chris