Re: [John Muir Trail] Bear Canister Packing

  • jyeider
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 1, 2013
      The free fast food condiment packs are not a probkem at all. We use at least 10 different kinds of those never a leak. Doesn't everyone use those
      Jeffery

    • Frank Dumville
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 1, 2013
        I've used the squeeze tubes in the past but didn't think they were worth the effort on a longer hike. If I bring peanut butter I use the plastic jar it comes in. If I'm tight on space I pack something else.

        Snap

        From: jyeider jyeider@...

         THE PACKAGES ARE EXPENSIVE MESSY WASTEFUL AND SMALL IN PORTIONS. POLY SQUEEZE TUBE COST A DOLLAR AND ARE REUSABLE. YOU CAN MIX UP ANY CONCOCTION YOU LIKE. PB&J HONEY.THEY FIT ANYWHERE IN YOU CANISTER. TRY THEM OUT.

        JEFFERY