Camp4 GrubHut

  • jyeider
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2013
      I'm curious if the Camp4 GrubHut passed testing and is available? Has anyone used one? Do you know where to buy one?  We've looked everwhere I know of.I hike with my soon to be wife, "the little one", it seems a perfect option for our needs.
      Thanks Jeffery

    • Don Amundson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2013
        Are you referring to that 2 piece egg shaped canister that was introduced a few years back?  If so it hasn't been approved for use in SEKI or Yosemite.

        http://www.sierrawild.gov/bears/allowed-bear-canisters

        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        From: jyeider@...
        Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 09:56:17 -0700
        Subject: [John Muir Trail] Camp4 GrubHut

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2013
          http://camp4outdoors.com/about.html

          Nothing new has appeared in their "news feed" in the last year or more.  I would not hold your breath.  They said they will not manufacture or sell anything until it is approved.

          Is the Bearier 700 certified and approved for usage in all national parks?

          The Bearier 700 was designed specifically to pass all testing standards set forth by the IGBC, currently the only certifying agency in the country. We've been in communication with the actual testers at the IGBC since we started development and have designed the Bearier specifically to pass every single aspect of their testing program. The Bearier will be 100% approved before being released to market. We've been in contact with various park agencies (including Sierra/Yosemite) to help ensure universal approval.

          _

          To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
          From: jyeider@...
          Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 09:56:17 -0700

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2013
            Yes. Thanks for any info
            Jeffery

          • jyeider
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2013
              Thanks Roleigh
              We use BV's now. Just liked the lighter weight idea and the configuration concept.Please let me know if any body hears something. :)>
              Jeffery