Re: Footprint/Groundsheet

  • ccs_ace
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 25, 2013
      I've heard of UL guys loving Tyvek...when I bought my hilleberg the Hilleberg person told me that in Sweden(Norway or Finland, which ever the company was founded) don't use them and it's an American thing...so I opted to not. They camp mostly on snow as did I with the tent, no footprint. More ground condensation but not a big deal or drastic amount in my experience. JohnMuir likely more rocky so might want the extra durability...I'd opt to say no footprint and just a little extra duck tape to patch as needed.

      Carl