Re: [John Muir Trail] Packing to go

  • Mina Loomis
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 25, 2013
      Also be aware that the larger your party, the longer it will take.

      Mina

      On Mar 24, 2013, at 6:14 PM, Frank Dumville <nccctsd@...> wrote:

      A lot is just practice and getting into a routine. Pack things in the same order and put them in the same place every day. Pack the stuff that goes in the bottom of the pack first. When I get up the first thing I do is dress, then I stuff my sleeping bag and pack up the pad so everything is ready to go into the pack when I get out of the tent. I pack my tent in an outside pocket so it gets packed last.
      For me very little gets prepacked the night before because I pretty much use everything in camp. Getting the water filtered or treated the night before is one thing that can be done in advance. I'll also have my breakfast and day food and supplies ready to go on the top of my bear can.
      I like to be on the trail early so I often delay breakfast until my first break which saves a lot of time getting out of camp.

      Snap