Tuesday's John Muir Trail Blog Post

  • Ray Rippel
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 19, 2013
      Good evening,

      Today's blog post is about an accident that took the lives of nine people, in Yosemite National Park, 75 years ago this month.

      Good hiking, Ray

      Ray Rippel

      Author, Planning Your Thru-Hike of the John Muir Trail

      http://jmtbook.com/

      Follow me at: www.twitter.com/JMTBook

    • Ray Rippel

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2013
          Good morning, everyone,

          This morning's blog post is an evaluation of the tent I used on my recent John Muir Trail thru-hike. I was fairly pleased with it, but I think I can do better.

          As always, comments are welcome!

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 26, 2013
            Good morning, all,

            In today's John Muir Trail blog post I discuss the bear canister I carried during my recent thru-hike, and even manage to work in the Sasquatch.

            Check it out at http://jmtbook.com/category/blog/ and leave a comment if you like!

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3 5:58 AM
              Good morning,

              It's been almost three months since I exited Whitney Portal. This Tuesday's John Muir Trail blog post lists the five things I miss most about the trail.

              Good hiking, Ray
            • Ray Rippel
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 24 7:02 AM
                Good morning, and Merry Christmas Eve!

                Today's blog post is about acclimating to the higher elevation, where to stay to do that, and the best huevos rancheros west of the Mississippi. (I doubt they make it east of the Mississippi!)

              • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 24 7:33 AM
                  Merry Christmas to you too Ray, and to all the other dreamers of mountains, and streams and solitude in the high Sierras.

                  Ken.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 4, 2014
                    Good day,

                    Is it time to rethink the best month to hike the John Muir Trail?

                    That's the question I ask in this week's blog post: http://jmtbook.com/category/blog/