Re: car access to Red's Meadow

  • zmortalcityz
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2008
      If you arrive after 7:30pm then you can drive through without the fee.
      There will not be anyone at the kiosk. We didn't see anything about
      a 'transportation fee' but maybe we just outlaws.

      During normal business hours you may be allowed to drive through if
      you have a compelling reason. Dropping off a backpacker prolly
      wouldn't be one of those. The shuttle is nice and they run regularly
      so theres really no reason not to take it. They have room for your
      pack and you would be paying the $7 anyways.

      If you bring an INFLATED raft, tube, fishing apparatus, etc strapped
      to your car they will let you drive through because they don't want
      that taken on the bus. We saw quite a few people doing this drive
      through Red's.

      Haven't been there after Sept. 1 so don't have anything to say about that.