Re: [John Muir Trail] Shorts, Pants, Both?

  • Kevin Aston
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
      Keen is a brand name. I wear a full toed sandal which is weatherproof,
      and light weight. http://www.rei.com/product/762288 is a link to some
      sort of like I wear. Mine are no longer produced but have lasted me
      through several hundred miles of walking, hiking, and swimming on some
      of my adventures. When mine were new they had great cushioning. They
      are still OK but not quite as good.
      Kevin
      www.kevinaston.com

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <taterno@...> wrote:

      > Kevin,
      > Which Keen's did you use?
      > I am using New Balance 908, but I could use shoe with a little more
      cushioning.

      > Tom
      > The Incredible Bulk
      >

      > ---- Kevin Aston <kevin@...> wrote:
      >
      > =============
      > I took one zip-off, and had them zipped off almost the whole time.
      Deet fought the mosquitoes so I didn't have to fight the heat. I took
      one lightweight 40% cotton 60% poly long sleeved shirt with 1 pocket
      (for fast drying), and I had some light thermals for PJs and cold
      weather, undies, a hooded sweat shirt, gloves, and rain coat and pants
      for rain and wind/cold protection, socks, boots and Keens, and a hat.
      Never put the rain pants on. That was all my clothes, and I did
      great. I hate boots and will probably just hike in my Keens from now on.
      > Kevin
      > www.kevinaston.com
      >
      > Jim W <jimqpublic@...> wrote: Pants,
      Shorts, or both?