Pads Re: odds & ends feedback

  • zmortalcityz
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 12:03 AM
      The important thing about a sleeping pad is that it keeps you off the
      cold ground. A sore back from sleeping on rocks and tree roots is not
      going to kill you, - hypothermia from sleeping on a giant cold-sink
      might. If you are not going to bring a sleeping pad, then you need to
      have some sort of insulation, whether thats branches, leaves, bark,
      snow, or whatever.

      Personally I use a Montbell inflatable with pillow, or a Ridgerest out
      in the desert if i'm worried about punctures. I hear
      BackpackingLight's inflatable is very nice (an thick!) for the
      weight/price.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jim W" <jimqpublic@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:
      > > Oh, I was asking various people which pads they used or preferred.
      One man