RE: [John Muir Trail] Re: Bearikade rental vs purchase and resell

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1, 2013
      " Can you email me how I would setup an IFTTT trigger for a bearkalied canister "

      Okay, this one had me for a second . . . what's an IFTTT trigger, I wondered? . . . I usually just stick my canister in a handy crevice or between a few fallen trees . . . but now they've come out with this new IFTTT trigger thing that goes with the Bearikade canister . . . what's it do?  . . .  man, am I behind the times. Ha!

      Might be fun to have a motion/vibration triggered popper thing on your canister––bear nudges it and BANG!! . . .

      Bob

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: dmiller1776@...
      Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 14:52:59 -0800
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Bearikade rental vs purchase and resell

      Hi Rebecca,

      Can you email me how I would setup an IFTTT trigger for a bearkalied canister as you did. I need to get one by July. Dmiller1776@...

      Thanks,
           Drew

      On Mar 1, 2013, at 1:17 PM, Rebecca Tatum White <jazminhumboldt@...> wrote:

      We camp in the Sierras often enough that it was worth it to buy our own.  We set up an IFTTT trigger to search for bear canisters on craigslist and email us when it found one for sale.  Before too long a couple came up for sale and we were able to get two for about $50.

      If you would want to resell yours after your hike, I think there is a very good market for them and you should be able to get a nice chunk of change back.