Dragons Back

  • charliepolecat
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2013
      It isn't the Sierras - it is Wales - and it isn't as long as the JMT at 170 miles, but you only have five days to do it in.

      Watch the video as well.

      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/activityandadventure/9900022/Is-this-Britains-most-scenic-long-distance-race.html?frame=2495501
    • Darryl
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2013
        Thanks, that was a fun change of scenery.
        Darryl

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "charliepolecat" <kennethjessett@...> wrote:

        > It isn't the Sierras - it is Wales - and it isn't as long as the JMT at 170 miles, but you only have five days to do it in.
        >
        > Watch the video as well.
        >
        > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/activityandadventure/9900022/Is-this-Britains-most-scenic-long-distance-race.html?frame=2495501

      • John
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2013
          Thanks for posting; some nice country, though I'm not sure the photos depict the usual weather!
          Also it may only be 170 miles long, but it has a staggering 55,000 feet of elevation gain (compared to the JMT at 46,000' sobo). Eleven thousand feet of vertical a day! Impressive.

          JD