Re: A few questions for anyone

  • pctpacker
    Message 1 of 473 , Jun 9, 2000
      Everyone is a bit different as to what and how
      much they eat. If you prepare your food properly you
      can get the weights down and still get the
      nourishment you need. I can get by fine on a pound a day but
      usually end up with a few luxuries that bump that a
      bit.<br><br>I don't buy freeze-dried foods but do make some of
      my own. Most of my food is store bought DRY packaged
      items that I mix, add to and re-package at home: soup
      mixes, oatmeal, mac/cheese, instant breakfasts, rice,
      couscous, etc. with powder milk, spices, etc. pre-mixed in.
      Bisquick is great dropped on soups for dumplings. You can
      mail food packages to stops along the route or have
      someone meet you or carry something in along the
      way.<br><br>The most important thing is to keep the liguids off
      your back. And I hope you like fish!<br><br>Hey, I'll
      bet Sierramel might even help ya out. Not a bad
      option!<br><br>It will freeze in July and it will rain. Be prepared
      for it. And there will be mosquitoes, bad in some
      spots, none in others. Don't be afraid to use a little
      deet...it hasn't killed me yet. Use your sunscreen at high
      elevations, I have seen several trips ruined by sunburn.
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002