Re: [John Muir Trail] Sequestration

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27 7:54 AM
      Jeff, others, many of us would love a good dialogue on sidebar on this topic.  It's a fun topic to explore, but it belongs to sidebar not the main group.  Have you joined sidebar?

      To join the JohnMuirTrail_Sidebar Yahoo Group, just send a blank email to:
      JohnMuirTrail_Sidebar-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      As for it impacting the permitting process, I doubt that will happen.  The NPS memo does indicate it could impact snow removal on Tioga Pass road which could impact the very early hikers who want to enter Yosemite from the East.  If anyone knows different, a post here (to the main group) is pertinent on news like that.

      _

      On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM, scriv.ener <jeffreyn@...> wrote:

      While of course I was hoping in the background for statesmanship, I was really just raising a flag about possible complications in the permitting process. I understand the potentially inflammatory nature of the subject. Or maybe I was just rolling my eyes, what's that expression, "We get the government we deserve"?