Re: [John Muir Trail] Info on Reds Meadows - Ediza, Iceberg, Cecile, Minaret Lakes loop

  • ravi_jmt2013
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Dittli-Goethals <johndittli@...> wrote:

      > I did Ediza to Iceberg last year for the first time in many years, I was
      > amazed at how much work trail crew has done there recently. The trail is
      > definitely maintained, not to JMT standards, but maintained none the less.

      That's great to know. I was very impressed with Ediza on a day hike from Agnew Meadows many years ago. On my JMT thru hike, I'm planning a short hiking day from Garnet to Ediza. My plan is to set up camp at Ediza around lunchtime and then do a day hike up to Iceburg Lake in the afternoon. The next day I'll hike back to the JMT and to Red's meadow.

      I didn't realize any sort of trail led to Iceburg which should make things easier since I don't have much experience off trail.