Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Muir Trail Ranch bucket- are glass items safe?

  • Jim W
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2008
      After a week of dried food with another week ahead I want some
      non-dried stuff for one meal. The horse that carries 20 pounds in can
      easily carry a couple pounds out. I'll switch out with non-glass
      salsa containers and swap wine for the hard cider. I'm 99% sure that
      the 12 oz. bottles of hard cider packed in the middle of the bucket
      would be safe, but the 1% risk of broken glass and liquid saturating
      my food is probably not worth it.