Re: Yose Wilderness Office Email Server that sends out responses is down now

  • marian21cohen
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
      I'm guessing this was related to the server issue, but wanted to share my bizarre experience in case this happens to anyone else. Having faxed our application last night, I got a rejection notice at 9:30 AM PT this morning, beginning as follows: "Thank you for your reservation request. We are sorry to inform you that your wilderness permit reservation request has been rejected for all choices listedÂ…(blah, blah, blah)." After a despondent couple of hours and unsuccessful attempts to get through by phone to request a 'plan D' permit, lo and behold a reservation confirmation for our 1st choice (GP-LYV) popped into my Inbox at 11:45 AM. One of the most welcome emails I've ever received!

      Marian

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "brucelem12" wrote:

      > I just recieved an official permit confirmation email, ( 9:49 am pacific time ), so the system appears to be back up.
      > Bruce
      >
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "brucelem12" wrote:
      > >
      > > Just FYI anyone who faxed for a wknd hike and are trying to decide if they should send another try tonight:
      > >
      > > I recieved the below email at 2:26 Pacific time today regarding my faxed permit request Friday late evening for a Saturday Jul 27 JMT hike.
      > > This email "MIGHT??" suggest that they managed to at least send this non specific semi-confirmation out for any approved wknd permits.
      > > Bruce
      > >
      > > "From: Yosemite Conservancy Wilderness Permit Reservations
      > > Thank you for your wilderness reservation request. We have received and processed one of your permit reservation requests. You have a wilderness permit reservation! Due to a Department of Interior wide network problem, we are unable to send out a detailed email confirmation at this time. Within the next few days, or whenever the problem is resolved, you should receive a detailed confirmation email listing your dates, trailheads and group size. Please do not call the reservation office to see what permit reservation you have as we are extremely busy with this outage. We apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this outage may have caused and thank you for your understanding."
      > >

      > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Yose Wilderness Office Email Server that sends out responses is down now.
      > > > I talked to them on the phone just now and found this out. To find out if
      > > > your weekend permit was approved and you have not gotten an email yet,
      > > > you'll have to call them or wait.
      > > >
      > > > Roleigh
      > > > Visit my Google Profile (lots of very interesting research
      > > > links)
      > > > _

    • mansfield1925
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013
        The full trail-heads report is almost a week stale now:

        http://www.nps.gov/featurecontent/yose/upload/rptFullTrailheadDates.htm

        How often does this get updated?

        Keith