Re: tyvek groundsheet

  • rangertarol
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 23, 2008
      Buy the softer/lighter/quieter kind of tyvek that kite makers use
      and it compresses up very easily. More info at
      www.backpackinglight.com

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Ken <nekeel@...> wrote:

      > Hi Barbara,
      > I bought the same tent too.  Planning on going from Kearsarge to
      Whitney Portal starting 8/24.  If you get off trail before that
      would you please post on how the tent held up?  I also have a tyvek
      groundsheet and found that it's not so much the weight that's the
      problem, but more the bulk of it as it does not compress down/fold
      very well.