RE: [John Muir Trail] Mono Meadows Option Restriction?

  • Jason Fitzpatrick
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 11, 2013
    Hope this helps. The red "X" marks the spot where we camped.

    To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
    From: roleigh@...
    Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:44:04 -0500
    Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Mono Meadows Option Restriction?

    Jason, could you please use MS Paint or something and show on a photograph of a map where you think you camped that night?  You could look at the map photos in our file folder on TH Permits (one of them being Illouette).  Doctor up that photograph and please post it as an attachment to this thread?  Thanks!  I'll update the document on this option with your contribution then.  Thanks!

    _

    On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Jason <xparrot9@...> wrote:

    We started out from there in 2011, and they told us we had to camp along Illouette creek. It was about 3.5 miles from the trailhead. It was great for us. The hike to the creek is nice, but nothing compared to the rest of the trail. That said the hike from the creek to Nevada Falls on the Panorama trail is really amazing. It's a good option if you can't get out of HI or Glacier Point for sure.