Bear Can "Requirement"?

  • scriv.ener
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
      There's plenty of truth about bear cans making food safe, and certainly one can sleep better without constantly having to monitor the well being of food stashed any other way. But I seem to remember something of an exception - at least it USED to be in the regs - for "thru-hikers," perhaps conditioned upon the use of bear boxes when in certain areas such as Rae Lakes. Anybody know what that detail might be?
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
        There were PCT thru-hikers who used to blow off the requirements (it seems, fewer now).  But I don't think they ever were exempted from the usual rules