Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: John Muir Trail - the Essential guide to hiking America's most famous trail

  • Larry Beck
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2013
    I created an excel spreadsheet a couple of years ago with the JMT north to south starting from Happy Isles. It's a pretty good planning tool. On the top row under Date for Day 0 you enter in your starting date and then every place you want to camp you place the day number in the left column. It automatically puts the date in for each day and it will calculate the mileage from the previous camping location to the this one and displays it in the right most column. The distances along the trail that are in red may not be accurate but all others are fairly accurate.

    You can move camping "days" by removing it from the left column on one row and moving it to another. This one shows only 9 days but you can add as many as you want.

    Larry

    Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2013
      That spreadsheet also includes going to MTR so if you're not resupplying there then you can adjust the mileage accordingly.

      Larry