Re: hiking the JMT-any advice

  • hmdsierra
    Message 1 of 473 , Jun 4, 2000
      My reason for doing it in one trip was to see the
      entire trail all at once. That way I could contrast the
      different country you see along the way while the memories
      were freshest. The second reason was to pick the
      portions we wanted to go back to and spend more time on.
      My sons and I were able to concentrate on several
      sections and their surrounding area over the next several
      years. Our first time we averaged a little over 9 miles
      a day so our pace was slower than the many racers
      we met which perhaps allowed us to enjoy the trip a
      little more than they.
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24 8:48 AM