Re: New Meal Technique

  • Bronco
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
      That's a commendable system you've devised, Byron. Trash accumulation irks me, though. I label and write cooking instructions (for the more complicated fares) on paper lunch-bags and re-bag nearly all my food in the lunch bags. Brown paper bags are made from natural wood pulp with no dyes or harmful chemicals. I did a test at home. I burned the bag in my cook pot and measured the total ashes: less than 1/8 teaspoon. It takes about 400 bags to produce one cup of ashes. Hardly an environmental impact. It's much less than ONE misplaced/lost/wind-blown plastic zip-lock. And if one cannot manage to burn a paper bag in a cook pot without starting a forest fire, perhaps backpacking is a poor recreational choice...or switch to cold meals.