Re: Bearikade

  • lkrlb44
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2013
      I inquired about this and got the following from wild ideas.

      Ladd

      2013 will be our 15th season and yes we will have reduced rates for the longer through hikes. We issue a coupon code worth 45% discount. Haven't made them up yet for 2013.

      Allen
    • charliepolecat
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 5, 2016
        I've decide to alter my itinerary somewhat and stay on the trail for 12 days without resupply and to that end I'm ordering a Bearikade Expedition - unless someone has one they will sell me.

        My trip will now be between Reds and Horseshoe and back to the portal for exit to Lone Pine, and instead of a fast hike I will now take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the sights for my last venture into the Sierras. Europe beckons after that, I really want to try some of the Alpine hikes. And also The Pennine Way  and the Camino de Santiago are on my list.

        Anyway, since I will have little use for the canister after the trip, it will be for sale along with my Bear Vault.

      • peterhirst69
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 6, 2016
          Interesting itinerary.  What;s the thinking on going out to Horseshoe and then back in to get to the Portal?  are you doubling back to Crabtree or taking a cross-country route?
        • James Giles
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 6, 2016
            I just finished the JMT and used a Bearicade Expedition that I'll sell for $325, shipping included (US)

            Sent from my iPhone