Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Kearsarge Pass

    Message 1 of 44 , Dec 29, 2012
    See map attached of the OV TH and the location of the Packer station.
    _

    On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM, krishna9012 <krishna9012@...> wrote:

    Where exactly is the onion valley pack station? Is it close to the OV camp ground?
    Krishna

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 44 of 44 , Dec 29, 2012
      Berner's packer can meet you at "Sandy Junction" where the JMT meets the trail to Charlotte Lake and the upper trail to Kearsage Pass. Or he'll come down to Charlotte Lake. Last year we arranged to meet him there and got there the day before. He came by that day on the off chance that we'd be there. This saved him a trip the next day. He also meets hikers in Vidette Meadows as well.

      On Dec 28, 2012, at 11:08 AM, "staehpj1" <Pete.Staehling@...> wrote:

      Anyone here get a package at or near Kearsarge Pass? If so how did it work out? How far off route did you need to hike?

      What company did you use? I have seen mentions of Sequoia Kings Pack Trains and McGee Creek Pack Station.