Re: REI Flash 62

  • Inga Aksamit
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2012

      My husband and I switched from our old, heavy packs for the Flash  62 (for him) and the Flash 52 (for me) last year and we both loved them. Carrying 9 days of supplies for the High Sierra Trail was easy and we both appreciated the entries to the pack and the pocket set up, especially the expandable outer pocket. They were comfortable and we didn't have any complaints. We're trying to go lighter but I'm not quite to my ideal yet & we carried about the same amount of weight: about 22 lbs base weight and 30 lbs fully loaded with food and water.  I wrote a short article with a photo of me carrying the pack. http://voices.yahoo.com/the-journey-ultralight-backpacking-11731500.html?cat=11  Good luck. ~Inga

      REI Flash 62

      Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 pm (PST) . Posted by:

      "Matthew" mwaxman91

      Hey all,

      Can anyone give their thoughts on the new Flash 62 from REI? I haven't heard much talk about it, but it is on my list of considerations or a new pack. My wallet would be especially happy with this one...

      Best,
      Matt

      Inga Aksamit
      Mobile: 415-470-1812