Stoves, cooking mid day

  • Jim W
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2008
      On 7/15/08, Brian O'Kelly <losthillsguy@...> wrote:

      > Hi JIm
      >
      > Great story of your experience so far!
      >
      > Here is a good stove/pot combo on sale.
      >
      > I prefer a canister stove in the Sierras. I've tried several alcohol stoves and always come back to the pocket rocket.
      > (MSR Titan Kettle plus MSR Pocket Rocket for $58)
      > http://www.rei.com/product/770295
      >
      > Brian
      > LostHillsGuy

      I've been eyeing that combo too. I do like that the kettle will hold
      a normal 110 gram canister vs. the Jetboil needing their small 100
      gram size if you want it to fit in the pot.

      This trip I'm planning to cook twice a day- but not in camp. I'll
      hike a couple hours before midmorning brunch then stop again for high
      tea in the afternoon. The Jetboil seems so convenient with the burner
      staying connected to the canister, spark lighting, and good
      performance in a breeze. Other canister systems need a bit more
      fiddling to set up and put away, plus some sort of windbreak if it's
      breezy.

      Jim