Re: [John Muir Trail] Experience with Neo Air Mattresses

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 61 , Dec 2, 2012
      Get the women's Prolite, it's warmer than the men's.

      Barbara

      On Dec 2, 2012, at 7:39 PM, "rnagarajan" <ravi@...> wrote:

      I spent some time at REI today and looked at the pads. Prolite may be the one for me. The material reminds me of my old thermarest which was heavy but seemed indestructible. Even if Prolite develops an unfixable leak it seems like there would still be some insulation. And the regular size is only 16 ounces. I think I can get by without the long version. But I'm sure Neoair or Synmat is more comfortable.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, John <jmaddog1082@...> wrote:

      > I've used a Prolite extensively, but I've now had a few nights on my newer Exped Synmat 7 and really like it. I now consider my Exped my primary, 3-season pad and I don't use any type of Exped inflating apparatus . I believe it's only about 4 ounces heavier than a Neo and still very compact. In fact on my 2012 JMT trip, I lost count of how many hikers asked, "What's that little yellow thing strapped to the back of your pack?"
      >
      > John

    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 61 of 61 , Dec 2, 2012