Re: Experience with Neo Air Mattresses

  • rwilly001
    Message 1 of 61 , Dec 2, 2012
      My experience is a little different, so I'll add it to the mix. I'm a long-time Thermarest user who opted for a Neo several years ago. As a fairly active side-sleeper, I couldn't use the Neo fully inflated or I'd roll off or it would slide out. If I deflated it some to prevent this, enough air would "disappear" by morning that I'd be flat on the ground, wishing I had a foam pad and totally defeating the purpose. Also, my wife complained of the crinkly noise it made every time I moved. After a week, it went back to REI and I went back to my Prolite Plus.
    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 61 of 61 , Dec 2, 2012
        Get the women's Prolite, it's warmer than the men's.

        Barbara

        On Dec 2, 2012, at 7:39 PM, "rnagarajan" <ravi@...> wrote:

        I spent some time at REI today and looked at the pads. Prolite may be the one for me. The material reminds me of my old thermarest which was heavy but seemed indestructible. Even if Prolite develops an unfixable leak it seems like there would still be some insulation. And the regular size is only 16 ounces. I think I can get by without the long version. But I'm sure Neoair or Synmat is more comfortable.