Megabus adds Reno service

  • rwilly001
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2012
      Reno serves as an eastern Sierra transportation hub for many hikers. Megabus announced it's adding express daily service linking the Bay
      Area, Sacramento, and Reno, providing one more option for getting over the hill.

      http://www.sacramentopress.com/headline/76488/Megabus_Were_not_your_grandfathers_bus_company
    • Kim Fishburn
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2012
        Looks like its stopping a couple blocks from John Ascuaga's Nugget off of I-80, north of the airport. It departs at 8am and 3 pm, and arrivals are at 12:20 and 7:20 pm.

        On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM, rwilly001 <rwilly001@...> wrote:

        Reno serves as an eastern Sierra transportation hub for many hikers. Megabus announced it's adding express daily service linking the Bay
        Area, Sacramento, and Reno, providing one more option for getting over the hill.

        http://www.sacramentopress.com/headline/76488/Megabus_Were_not_your_grandfathers_bus_company

        _

      • sanfran_rwood
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2012
          Great deal, but frustrating for JMT purposes. The CREST bus drops off at the Greyhound Station around noon; so you'd have almost three hours to travel the 3+ miles to Sparks. http://goo.gl/maps/CnlSg

          (Great for visiting my old friend in Sparks, though.)
          --
          Richard