Re: [John Muir Trail] Experience with Neo Air Mattresses

  • charliepolecat
    Message 1 of 61 , Dec 1, 2012
      Maybe it's just a question of money. For the same length:

      NeoAir costs $140 and weighs 19 Oz. and has an R value of 4.9

      REI Trekker costs $70, weighs 40 Oz. and has an R Value of 4.2

      Exped Synmat 7 costs $165, weighs a 16 Oz.and has an R value of 3.2
    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 61 of 61 , Dec 2, 2012
        Get the women's Prolite, it's warmer than the men's.

        Barbara

        On Dec 2, 2012, at 7:39 PM, "rnagarajan" <ravi@...> wrote:

        I spent some time at REI today and looked at the pads. Prolite may be the one for me. The material reminds me of my old thermarest which was heavy but seemed indestructible. Even if Prolite develops an unfixable leak it seems like there would still be some insulation. And the regular size is only 16 ounces. I think I can get by without the long version. But I'm sure Neoair or Synmat is more comfortable.