Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Experience with Neo Air Mattresses

    Message 1 of 61 , Dec 1, 2012
      On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM, rnagarajan <ravi@...> wrote:

      ... Exped Downmat UL7 ... seems to soften (not totally deflate) overnight even in constant temperature environment (my bedroom).

      If it deflates enough that you are tempted to re-pump it, I suspect you got one with a pinhole leak. If you can return it for a replacement you could have a better experience. My Downmat stays at close to full inflation overnight even in the cold. That said, I'm also a fan of the NeoAir. The apparent fragility worried me the first season, but I've come to trust it, though a few  other people have reported problems.
    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 61 of 61 , Dec 2, 2012
        Get the women's Prolite, it's warmer than the men's.

        Barbara

        On Dec 2, 2012, at 7:39 PM, "rnagarajan" <ravi@...> wrote:

        I spent some time at REI today and looked at the pads. Prolite may be the one for me. The material reminds me of my old thermarest which was heavy but seemed indestructible. Even if Prolite develops an unfixable leak it seems like there would still be some insulation. And the regular size is only 16 ounces. I think I can get by without the long version. But I'm sure Neoair or Synmat is more comfortable.