Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Where are the Man eating rock and Shorty's cabins on or near JMT?

  • Prapanna Smith
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 23, 2012
      I've ben by this old cabin several times.  It looks too big to be Shorty's and there was some large pieces metal roofing next to it.  Shorty did not use metal roofing.

      Here's a 2008 pict of Shorty's cabin up Cloud Canyon:

      at:
      http://climber.org/reports/1999/555.html  (on the bottom of the page).

      And a video of his cabin at Vidette Meadow along the PCT:

      Prapanna

      On Nov 16, 2012, at 6:53 AM, Rebecca Sowards-Emmerd wrote:

      Camped next to this cabin when doing the HST a few years ago. It's about 1/4 mile off of the HST, after you've climbed out of Junction Meadow, about 3 miles from where it joins the JMT at Wallace Creek. I wonder if this is a Shorty's Cabin?

      What a sad life. It makes you want to cling on to somebody. We need to mean something to someone, otherwise . ..