[John Muir Trail] Re: Ice skating the JMT

  • John
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 21, 2012
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Karagosian <barbara@...> wrote:

      > Thanks so much John. Was there some weather coming in?

      Yes! Snow started the next afternoon as we headed out over Lamark Col

      John
    • Joe MacLeish
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 21, 2012

        You went over Lamark Col from that side in the snow.  You are one tough dude.

        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 21, 2012
          LOL- over one day and back the next. The snow was about knee deep on the east side of the col, but not bad on the south. The nice thing about the Darwin Lakes being frozen is that we could skate around all that lake shore talus!

          John
        • Dave Pex
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 26, 2012
            Awesome photo John!

            > Until I get to all of them, here's one from last week at Evolution Lake.
            > Happy Thanksgiving!
            > http://500px.com/photo/18707739 <http://500px.com/photo/18707739>
            > John

          • vege_matic
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 27, 2012
              Really beautiful and unique images, John. Thank you for sharing them.
              -Nancy