Tahoe Rim Trail - Around the Lake in 3 minutes

  • ya_ha_who
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2012
      This is another great thru-hike to consider. You can get a feel for the scenery in 3 minutes by watching this video. 165 miles with much less vertical relief than the JMT. Trailhead access every 20 miles or so gives you lots of opportunities for section hiking with surprising solitude between trailheads, although some areas do have a lot of mountain bikers. Check it out:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBZR1ssCQFE&feature=plcp
    • ekacura
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2012
        Great video, beautiful country there, I use to live in Carson City and got up to Tahoe whenever I could ! The music was a perfect choice !!

        Ed in Az

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "ya_ha_who" <sierranevada@...> wrote:

        > This is another great thru-hike to consider. You can get a feel for the scenery in 3 minutes by watching this video. 165 miles with much less vertical relief than the JMT. Trailhead access every 20 miles or so gives you lots of opportunities for section hiking with surprising solitude between trailheads, although some areas do have a lot of mountain bikers. Check it out:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBZR1ssCQFE&feature=plcp

      • brucelem12
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2012
          Great tightly edited overview...thanks! Another on the ever growing list. :)

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "ya_ha_who" <sierranevada@...> wrote:

          > This is another great thru-hike to consider. You can get a feel for the scenery in 3 minutes by watching this video. 165 miles with much less vertical relief than the JMT. Trailhead access every 20 miles or so gives you lots of opportunities for section hiking with surprising solitude between trailheads, although some areas do have a lot of mountain bikers. Check it out:
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBZR1ssCQFE&feature=plcp

        • Ned Tibbits
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012
            The last time we cruised the whole route (June/July, 2011) it was nearly completely covered in snow (4 to 6 feet in most places), so it was nice to see what the summer trail looks like!

            Ned Tibbits, Director
            Mountain Education
            www.mountaineducation.org

            Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 7:44 AM