Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: SEKI Wilderness Stewardship Plan Open for Comment

  • Ned Tibbits
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2012
      Ah, Mr. Polecat, and that’s what it’s all about!

      Prepare to sleep warm, dry, and well-fed through the things you can not control and learn to recognize the things you can, get through them safe and sound, and know when to stay the hell away from the rest!

      Ned Tibbits, Director
      Mountain Education
      www.mountaineducation.org

      Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:18 AM
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re: SEKI Wilderness Stewardship Plan Open for Comment

      I agree with leaving the 'area broadcasting' music makers at home, for the rest, it's a personal choice. Cell phones don't work in much of the wilderness anyway.

      But I wonder if the question of unprepared hikers will be addressed. I attended a survival preparedness session at the local REI this past Monday. The subject matter revolved around how to survive once a personal disaster occurred, but not how to be better prepared so you did not get into difficulties in the first place.

    • charliepolecat
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2012
        Quite true Mr. Tibbits.

        We would all be wise to follow the Boy Scouts Motto: Be prepared.