chasing bears

  • Kim Fishburn
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
      This is pretty good example of how to chase off bears.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM1D-r-0cGo
    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
        Does "Down!" work better than "Shoo"?  What a sweet bear.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
          I'm usually yelling "Get out of Here". I had to buy a new cup when I chased one off at 5:30am at May Lake when they used to let you camp on the other side of the lake. I didn't know there was a cub in the tree behind me, and I beat the hell out of my cup on a rock. It did growl at me, and took a step to do a bluff charge but I stood my ground. When I finally saw the cub in the tree I backed off, mom came over and stood up next to the tree. The cub came down and almost ran up the next tree. I'd heard this bear had gone after camp staff before. When the do leave they always look so innocent as they walk off.