Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: JMT pictures

  • Ron Cordell
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 2012
      Greg, these are great photos! Thanks a lot for sending the links.
    • greg padgett
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 1, 2012
        Hey Bruce,

        Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. As you probably know, we had quite the variety of weather out there this year and that meant truly amazing clouds which led to even more amazing sunrises and sunsets. It definitely didn't hurt from a photography standpoint. I feel extremely fortunate to have been there for such conditions.
        It's also very cool that you happened to be at the Ranger's campfire chat that evening. Yes, he was quite the entertainer. One of the highlights of the trip for me.

        I look forward to seeing the videos and pictures you put together. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

        Take care

        Greg
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 1, 2012
          Thanks Scott, glad you liked them!

          Greg - these are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!!

          Scott

        • greg padgett
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 1, 2012
            Thank you Ron, glad you liked them!

            Greg, these are great photos! Thanks a lot for sending the links.
          • scriv.ener
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 1, 2012
              Thank you very much for sharing. You have a keen eye for the light, and know how to use your equipment to bring it to best use. I enjoyed your work.

              Of course, there were the 100 switchbacks, then the long sweep down to the Portal! Do you have photos of the descent?

              Jeffrey Zimmerman
              Sonoma County
              JMT '04

              --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "greg" <gregp701@...> wrote:

              > Hey guys,
              >
              > I finally finished up my pictures from the JMT which I
              > completed August 27th. If you're interested, you can see
              > them at
              >
              > http://gregp.smugmug.com/
            • brucelem12
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 3, 2012
                I caught mostly mild weather/clear skies late in late July/early Aug. The hiking photographers conundrum of wishing for clear/boring skies and easy hiking weather, or dramatic/photogenic skies and less ideal hiking. :)
                Bruce