RE: [John Muir Trail] Re: taking more than a month to do the JMT (8 days for HST)

  • Jean Dickinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2012
      Thanks for all of the responses to my post. It's encouraging to know that so many people are out there in their 60s and 70s and enjoying more leisurely trips. Pack weight is certainly a key. I've been buying lightweight gear over the past three years (sleeping quilt, light air mattress, Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1, Bearikade expedition cannister, etc.), and the next item has to be a lighter pack, since the one I have and love, a Dana, is about eight pounds. If the  Ursack is ever approved for use throughout the JMT, that would also help considerably.
      Jean

      Recent Activity:
      Please strip out "replied-to" text if not necessary to your reply.  Failure to strip makes it hard for our Daily Digest members to find the new postings among the repeats. For the crib sheet to take on JMT: http://tinyurl.com/6j6axeq - Prints on 1 sheet all the essential phone numbers/addresses you'll want for all services needed on or off the trail. We encourage all to join the JohnMuirTrail_Sidebar Yahoo Group, just send a blank email to:
      JohnMuirTrail_Sidebar-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      .