Re: Bear Cannisters

  • Explorer2064
    Message 1 of 473 , Apr 18, 2000
      I agree that a cannister provides a great deal of
      safety, peace of mind and freedom of camping even when it
      doesn't fit all your food on a longer trip. Also, when
      I'm hanging my overflow, I make a point of hanging
      the least smelly, least attractive, and least
      irreplacable items. Hang the garbage, the toothpaste, half the
      power bars, the t-shirt that smells like fish (or throw
      that somewhere else entirely), etc., etc. The smaller,
      lighter hang-bag is also easier to hang in a good spot
      and it's easier to find a good branch. And the last 7
      or 8 days of your trip you don't have to hang
      anything at all!
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002