Re: [John Muir Trail] Yosemite rangers in triage mode after hantavirus outbreak...

  • Ron Cordell
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
      Here is the link to the SFGate (Chronicle) site that for the story that I mentioned: http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Yosemite-Up-to-10-000-at-risk-of-virus-3834027.php

      Apologies for the delay in posting, I've been out during the long weekend...

      -ronc

      On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Ron Cordell <ron.cordell@...> wrote:
      The SF Chronicle Sunday paper print edition had a little more information. The signature tent cabins have a double wall so they stay warmer, but this provides an area where deer mice can nest. Investigations showed that there were many mice nests found within the walls. I don't see the article on the SFGate website yet.

      -ronc

      On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Roleigh <marti124@...> wrote:

      Amazing when a JMT related topic becomes a Drudge Report headline, albeit a column 2 headline.
      Drudge's link is to the LA Times:
      http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0902-yosemite-folo-20120902,0,2118967.story

      Of interest to me is this: "The park has attributed the cases to a design flaw in the signature tent cabins, which are now closed indefinitely as an investigation into the outbreak continues." -- so the cheaper tent cabins (which our group used this summer) do not have this design flaw, it would appear.

      Sent to you by Roleigh via Google Reader:

      via Drudge Report Feed on 9/2/12

      Yosemite rangers in triage mode after hantavirus outbreak...

      (Second column, 13th story, link)

      Things you can do from here: