Lost camera on JMT north of Selden Pass August 22, 2012

  • CalifPowderhound
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
      Lost on Aug 22nd, a small Kodak Playfull camera (says waterproof to 3 meters)with my pictures from Yosemite High Sierra camp and northern part of John Muir Trail trips. Lost on or near JMT trail between Mono Creek (Lake Thomas Edison) and Marie Lake (lunch stop off-trail by Bear Creek) north of Selden Pass. Would love my pictures, probably fewer than 100; wouldn't mind the camera either. Thanks, Steve
    • robert shattuck
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
        Steve,

        I am always out there, looking, waiting, for someone to casually leave their nice ( nice Leica, perhaps camera on a rock for me . . . didn't see any though.

        I did however pick up two bandanas--anyone lose an Oregon horse packers bandana? And I found a very fresh pair of men's underwear, but I also strapped that to the pack and found the owner.

        If you lost a brown thong (the feet kind o' thong) I carried that all the way to Lone Pine and it's no doubt in the landfill by now.

        I use those mailing labels––the kind you get in the mail from all those organizations that if they would just stop sending you so much junk mail, they might have some money––I have one on my camera and on my sticks (should put one on my water filter, since I've left one behind before) and I cover it with some clear packing tape.

        Whoever finds my camera, will at least know who they are getting it from.

        And on that note . . . I keep a copy of my passport in my shorts back pocket. Have had the same one for a few years now.  I covered it in clear packing tape, slipped it in and forgot about it––got the shorts wet a few times, in lakes, in the  Dow pool and the hot tub, not to mention the washing machine and the darn thing is fine.

        Anyway, my pack is still full, sitting here, staring at me like an eager dog, ready to go out again, I should unpack . . .

        Bob

        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        From: s.powderhound@...
        Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 20:58:54 +0000
        Subject: [John Muir Trail] Lost camera on JMT north of Selden Pass August 22, 2012

        Lost on Aug 22nd, a small Kodak Playfull camera (says waterproof to 3 meters)with my pictures from Yosemite High Sierra camp and northern part of John Muir Trail trips. Lost on or near JMT trail between Mono Creek (Lake Thomas Edison) and Marie Lake (lunch stop off-trail by Bear Creek) north of Selden Pass. Would love my pictures, probably fewer than 100; wouldn't mind the camera either. Thanks, Steve

      • s bal

          From: s.powderhound@...
          Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 20:58:54 +0000